Friday, November 14, 2008

Windows Live Mesh and Logmein NOW WORKING!!!

After hours of struggling trying to get windows live mesh and logmein working on my mac I have finally figured it out! I was browsing the web looking for kexts, and constantly asking the friendly (but not very talkative) users on irc.osx86.hu for the whereabouts of a solution to this problem when suddenly I found it.
On netkas.org I found the solution (or at least explanation) for my problem. I needed to use the correct version of applesmbios to enable logmein and mesh. I needed a different version for when I installed silverlight, but then I needed another new one.
After googling around for the correct kexts i finally found McKill.ca. It had links to many ToH kexts which I promptly downloaded and searched through to find AppleSMBIOS.kext. When I found it I immediately installed it using kext helper and rebooted.
Voila, it worked... upon boot logmein's logo loaded for the first time and windows live mesh asked me for my username and password. Every thing worked fine!

Download the kext I used either from the original site or from uploading.com respectively.
Original Zip Archive (you only need applesmbios.kext inside)
or
Uploading.com

2 comments:

Sancar said...

Are these files specific to your computer config or osx86 release?
I'm using Kalyway 10.5.2 release
Thanks

Laser said...

They are not specific to my computer config, but they do have requirements. Im not sure of what they are exactly. I know that im using kalyway 10.5.1, and I have a dell with an intel p4 ht. if you have any of that or anything similar you should be fine.
Remember though, I take no responsibility if you screw up your pc with this info.